Monday 3 June 2013

Jo Irvine's vintage fashion show

3 weeks ago, I found myself sat in a dark room holding a pretty tea cup in one hand and a bowl of confetti in the other. This room was in the very beautiful Home House, my tea cup was filled with champagne and the confetti; I will come back to that later. I was here for a fashion show, but this wasn't just any fashion show, this was a vintage fashion show by the strikingly gorgeous and very talented Jo Irvine; a bespoke designer from Esher responsible for some of the sparkle numbers seen on Strictly come dancing. Jo had been invited by Karen Smyth  from the home house style society to put on a show. I (like many) was beyond excited as I knew I was about to witness 20-30 mins of pure fabulousness!








Lights,camera, action: the show
The show began with a whole bunch of gorgeous models, dancing down the catwalk to candy man by Christina Aguilera. One by one each model reappeared  looking beautiful in  jaw-dropping dresses! Each dress gave a huge nod to the 40's/ 50's era, with feminine silhouettes, complemented by 40's/50's inspired hair and make up.




Jo talked us through the inspiration and stories behind each bespoke beauty and took questions from members of the audience. I  found my self ooohhing and arring as each frock was even more gorgeous than the next. I wasn't alone as I could  hear comments from people sat behind me that echoed this.


Jo Irvine





Stylist Karen Smyth also spoke of the great service that she had received from Jo. She was wearing a Jo Irvine design that night; a stand out bright pink dress, teamed with long white gloves and a very chic pair of specs!



A  fitted gold sequin number teamed with a white ruffle top was thrown into the mix which was one of my favourite looks.



The Finale was a delight- a bride and groom walking down the catwalk. We were asked to throw our confetti over the couple which was another great way to interact with the audience.



In all the show was truly fabtastic, and confirmed what I already knew being that  Miss Jo Irvine is one hell of an UH-MAZING designer!!



Interested in having a bespoke dress made for you? Then head over to Joirvinedesigns.com


Also check out my interview with Jo for Tha-one.com


No comments:

Post a Comment